Raffle: terms and conditions
This raffle is organised and administered by Inspire Space, 5 MORRISON CHAMBERS, 32 NASSAU STREET, DUBLIN 2, IRELAND. Tax Registration number: 3477200 BH; The raffle licence (licence for promotion of a lottery) was granted on 25 April 2018 by the Irish District Court in accordance with the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956, Section 28.
1. Entry requirements
To be eligible to enter the raffle and win the Prize, as detailed below, the purchaser must adhere to the following entry requirements:
- The raffle ticket must have a unique identity number that correlates with Inspire Space’s records
- A valid name, address, phone number and email address must have been provided at the time of purchase to contact the winner
- The purchaser must be over 18 years of age at the date of purchase
- The purchaser must not be a member of Inspire Space staff
- The purchaser may purchase at least one raffle ticket and no more than 10 tickets at €22.50 each from the official Inspire Space website at www.inspirespace.com
- The purchaser must be a resident in the Republic of Ireland
- The purchaser must hold a valid passport
- It is prohibited to resell raffle tickets
Any purchaser who is found to have not complied with the above requirements will automatically forfeit the prize.
2. The Prize
The prize consists of the following:
A ZERO-G Experience® flight with with Zero Gravity Corporation in the United States of America (www.gozerog.com) (valued at €6,000), and expenses, including those listed below from (a)-(c), shall be covered up to the value of €1300 in total:
- A medical examination to ensure that you are fit for ZERO-G Experience® flight
- Travel expenses to reach the location of the ZERO-G Experience® flight , arriving the day before the and departing the day after the zero-gravity flight;
- Hotel expenses for the night before and night of the ZERO-G Experience® flight;
The winner shall be required to furnish receipts for such expenses.
There shall only be one winner. The winner will be contacted by either email, phone or mail per the details provided at the time of purchase and in accordance with part 4.
3. Closing date
Closing date for entering the draw is 17:00 31 January 2019.
4. The draw
The draw shall take place on 31 January 2019. The winning raffle ticket shall be drawn by an independent person. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner shall be published on our social media accounts and website.
A first and second runner up shall be drawn on the same date in the event that the winner cannot accept the prize.
The holder of the winning raffle ticket shall be considered the winner.
The winner must:
- Hold a valid raffle ticket
- Be over 18 years of age as at 29 January 2019
- Be a resident in the Republic of Ireland
- Hold a valid passport and be able to travel to the United States of America within 2019
- Be of reasonable health to endure a ZERO-G Experience® flight
Any winner that does not adhere to the above shall automatically forfeit the prize and the prize shall be given to the first runner up.
The winner agrees to and understands the following:
- The winner will be notified within 5 working days of the draw either by email, mail or telephone per the details provided at the time of purchase.
- The winner’s name will be announced on the Inspire Space website and related social media. Full address details will not be disclosed.
- In the event that Inspire Space cannot contact the winner by 28 February 2019, using the contact details provided at the time of purchasing the Raffle ticket, the winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize and the first runner up shall receive the prize.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the prize is non-transferable. If the winner does not wish to accept the prize please inform Inspire Space as soon as possible so that the first runner can receive the prize.
- The prize only consists of what is listed within section 2.
- The winner has until 28 February 2019 to confirm to Inspire Space that they accept the prize. If the winner fails to accept the prize by this date, the winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize and the first runner up shall receive the prize.
- The winner must choose a date in which to part-take in the ZERO-G Experience® flight by 30 March 2019 and the selected date for the ZERO-G Experience® flight must be a date on which a ZERO-G Experience® flight occurs within 2019. If the winner fails to select a date by 30 March 2019, the winner forfeits their prize and the first runner up shall receive the prize.
- The winner shall undertake a medical examination prior to 30 March 2019 or within a reasonable time period prior to the ZERO-G Experience® flight, whichever arises first. If the results determine that the winner is unfit for ZERO-G Experience® flight this has the effect of the winner forfeiting the prize and the first runner up shall receive the prize. It is the obligation of the winner to ensure that they are of reasonable health to undertake a ZERO-G Experience® flight. Any medical data received shall be retained by Inspire Space for up to two years after the medical examination took place.
When the winner accepts the prize, chooses a flight date and is determined fit to fly, the winner agrees to take part in the ZERO-G Experience® flight within 2019 (hereinafter referred to as the participant) and agrees to and understands the following:
- The participant agrees to take part in any associated publicity.
- The participant must inform Inspire Space of any special travel requirements by 30 March 2019 or before the ZERO-G Experience® flight takes place, whichever date is sooner.
- The participant accepts that Inspire Space shall be required to provide your personal information to the providers of the ZERO-G Experience® flight and may be required to transfer the data to other third parties for organisational purposes.
- It is the obligation of the participant to organise appropriate transportation and accommodation to participate in the ZERO-G Experience® flight . The winner will be reimbursed to the extent as laid out in section 2.
- If the participant for whatever reason cannot attend the ZERO-G Experience® flight on their chosen date, there is no obligation on Inspire Space to organise a second flight or to reimburse the winner for expenses lost.
- The participant is required to agree to the terms and conditions of Zero Gravity Corporation (ZERO-G), the providers of the ZERO-G Experience® flight . The winner is required to attend all applicable pre-flight training and sign all participant registration forms including a liability waiver and medical declaration (flight programs only) prior to scheduled program date. The winner is required to adhere to the provided ZERO-G Experience® flight program itinerary. Flight check-in closes two hours prior to the scheduled departure time. If the winner fails to report on time with their passport, the participant forfeits the flight experience and will not qualify for a reschedule.
- ZERO-G has the right to reschedule or cancel a program for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to: cancelled airspace, mechanical and/or maintenance, and minimum participant requirements. ZERO-G will inform participants of a rescheduled or cancelled program by written notice as soon as the cancellation has been confirmed or a rescheduled date is set. ZERO-G will make every attempt to notify participants no later than ten business days prior to their scheduled flight program or five business days prior to their scheduled Weightless Workshop. If the program has been rescheduled, the participant has three business days to choose an alternate scheduled program date. If the program has been cancelled, a ZERO-G representative will contact you with options. In the unlikely event that any condition prevents ZERO-G from flying, ZERO-G will make its best effort to reschedule the flight within 48 hours of the scheduled flight date. If ZERO-G is unable to reschedule a flight within 48 hours, the purchaser can book a seat on any other available ZERO-G flight within 12 months of the original scheduled flight.
- Neither ZERO-G or Inspire Space are responsible for any expenses incurred by the participant due to rescheduled and/or cancelled programs. ZERO-G strongly encourages the purchase of trip cancellation insurance for all participants.
- The participant has the obligation to take out travel insurance, including trip cancellation insurance, for the duration of travel required to participate in the ZERO-G flight.
6. Data Protection
Inspire Space respects, and is committed to protecting your privacy in line with data protection law. Upon purchasing a raffle ticket you will be required to provide certain personal information as stated in part 1 in order for the raffle to function properly. It is necessary to provide this information if you wish to take part in the raffle. The personal information you provide on entering the draw shall be held in a secure manner and will only be used for the purposes outlined in these terms and conditions. We use Stripe to process your payments. You have the right to object to your data being processed in accordance with Irish data protection law. You have the right to request access to, rectify and erase your data in accordance with Irish data protection law. Note that any such erasure or objection may have the effect of you not being contactable if you are the winner. Your personal information shall be deleted within two years from the date of the draw. If you feel that your personal data has been unlawfully handled, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
7. Rights Reserved
Inspire Space reserves the right to reject your entry and/or award the prize to an alternative winner if Inspire Space has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally. Inspire Space holds no liability for any loss or damage arising from Inspire Space exercising such rights.
Inspire Space is not liable to return any amounts already paid by any entrant, and any such refund Inspire Space makes shall be solely at Inspire Space’s discretion. This does not impact on your statutory rights.
Inspire Space reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate the raffle or alter the raffle at any time without prior notice. If the raffle is terminated or altered to such an extent that you require a refund; please contact Inspire Space at [email protected] to request a refund.
Inspire Space accepts no liability arising out of the winner accepting the ZERO-G Experience® flight, including transportation and accommodation for the ZERO-G Experience® flight and participation in the ZERO-G Experience® flight itself. Such liability includes but is not limited to direct and indirect material and non material damages and damages arising out of gross negligence and negligence.
These terms and conditions are governed by Irish law and any disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland. If any term or condition contained herein is determined to be invalid, it shall not impact on the validity of the remaining provisions.
If you have any queries or you wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact the Inspire Space Team at [email protected]
*Note that where the prize is passed onto the first runner up, the first runner should be read as being the winner, and the second runner up should be read as being the first runner up for the purposes of section 5. In the event that the prize is passed onto the second runner up, the second runner up shall be considered the winner for the purposes of section 5.